Thursday, March 20, 2008

End of poly

After the last exam, together with Beatrice and Wingyan, we had a last lunch at the Grassroot club near nyp. Food is delicious. Scenery is quite nice. They gave me a nice little T-shirt that they have customized. A bit too late, but thank to both of you, being in nyp is not as lonely as it should be.


3 years of studies... I could now say loudly that I've cleared poly! (take it as a RPG or what?!) However, Life is not as smooth as expected, since:

1) the result really isn't very ideal (but I've expected a 2.6 ever since the end of TEP at 2.8, so it is no surprise)
2) my mum gets upset because it is worse than my cousins (when I have been getting a lot better results than them at PSLE n O lvl)
3) she blame everything and anything but not the fact that I totally have no interest in accountancy and thus nothing goes into the brain even if I put in the efforts (proof is that I did work hard for final semester but slack at 2nd last, result about the same)
4) I am officially classified as useless in her dictionary
5) my sister gets implicated in this and now mum's expectation for her increase like no limit

Currently, my part-time company (Acorn Marketing & Research), which I have been doing data entry for, offer me to work full-time. However, starting pay is only $1300 and not related to accountancy at all. Thus, under the objection from dear old mum, I would have to go reject it later at work. For the time being (at least for a month or so), I will continue to do part-time there, until I have a clue as to what I am going to do with this meaningless life of mine.

Sincerely speaking, I think mum has never look at me as me. I personally think that she view me not as a human, but her 2nd life (know the online game?) I have to think the way she did, force myself to like what she like, if I never meet her expectation just once like now, it's gameover.

No comments: